We offer high quality specialist care covering all aspects of urology including cancer and suspected cancer. We ensure that we provide all of our patients comprehensive evidence-based treatment delivered by leaders in their field. Our specialist services include:
One stop clinics:
We offer a one stop service for patients with:
Where possible we try to ensure that patients with these problems will have all the tests that they require to investigate their problem on the same day as their appointment, avoiding additional hospital visits.
Benign prostate service
Our partnership provides you with national experts in the management of benign (non-cancerous) prostate conditions:
- management of benign prostatic enlargement, including a range of the most up to date evidence-based treatment options such as HoLEP and UroLift and REZUM (the new vapour treatment). Mr Kasra Saeb-Parsy is the first urologist to offer this novel treatment in Cambridgeshire.
- assessment and management of prostatitis, a common and debilitating condition. This clinic is run by Kasra Saeb-Parsy, who has a specialist interest in the management of prostatitis. He receives referrals from across the UK, and has a multi-disciplinary approach for patients with this troubling and worrying condition.
Our prostate cancer service is a comprehensive specialist service covering all aspects of this common condition. These include:
- Discussion and counselling for patients considering having a PSA test
- The possibility of a one-stop pathway for diagnosis for those patients who have a raised PSA, which might include an MRI scan and prostate biopsy if necessary after full counselling. We preferentially use MRI prior to any biopsy, as MRI is now known to be superior to any laboratory test available so far. Although the quality is outstanding, mp-MRI cannot diagnose prostate cancer alone and it also cannot fully exclude prostate cancer either. A biopsy is most commonly still required. However, it can give valuable information regarding the risk of prostate cancer, if it is normal, and suspicious areas can be targeted using MRI-US fusion technology. CUP works closely with the Radiologists at Addenbrooke’s Hospital who are accredited experts in reading Prostate mp-MRI
- The possibility of using the da Vinci ® robot for a radical prostatectomy in suitable patients after full counselling. Nimish Shah performs this operation in patients who are suitable, and he has one of the largest experiences in the UK. Unbiased, thorough discussion of the treatment options in those patients with a diagnosis of prostate cancer. We work with oncologists who offer radiotherapy and brachytherapy for prostate cancer.
Kidney Stone Service
We offer a one-stop service for patients with suspected kidney stones, where we will arrange appropriate investigations to at the time of your out-patient visit to try and minimise the number of hospital visits and decrease delays in diagnosing your problem. Nimish Shah, Oliver Wiseman and Kasra Saeb-Parsy are recognised specialists in the management of kidney stones, and have all the different treatment options available to help manage your stone in the most effective and quickest way. They run courses across the country teaching other urologists how to manage kidney and ureteric stones. Furthermore, Cambridge Urology Partnership is the first clinic in the country to offer StoneScreen, a detailed testing process for patients with recurrent stones that offers bespoke dietary and lifestyle advice to ensure there is no reason for making stones and advising patients how they can reduce their risk. More recently Oliver Wiseman has introduced UMP, or ultra-mini PCNL, a minimally invasive treatment to treat larger kidney stones. He was one of the first surgeons in the UK to perform this surgery.
We offer specialist management for patients with erectile dysfunction, penile and testicular problems and all aspects of sexual health. We also offer advice and investigation of male infertility, as well as vasectomy and reversal of vasectomy. Oliver Wiseman works in conjunction with the world famous clinic Bourn Hall, where he works as an andrologist, seeing and treating patients with male factor infertility. He also performs microsurgical reversal of vasectomy, and has excellent audited results, with high rates of success.
Men’s Health Check
Our men’s health check is tailored to your needs, and addresses common male problems or concerns.
- Prostate cancer screening
- Assessment and treatment of urinary symptoms
- Investigation and treatment for low testosterone (hypogonadism)
- Erectile dysfunction investigation and treatment
- Sexual health check
Cutting edge technology
At Cambridge Urology Partnership we use the most up to date treatments available. These include:
- HoLEP (Holmium Laser Enucleation of the Prostate), performed by two of the most experienced surgeons in the UK who train and mentor people from across the world. HoLEP is used to treat prostates which are causing a blockage to the flow of urine, with fewer complications and faster recovery than the conventional operation. Tev Aho and Christof Kastner are two of the most experienced HoLEP surgeons performing this procedure in the UK, and are responsible for training other urologists how to perform this operation.
- REZUM (new steam vapour treatment)
- Laparoscopic or keyhole surgery, used to treat patients with kidney cancer, kidney cysts or kidneys that do not drain properly (PUJ obstruction)
- Robotic assisted (da Vinci®) prostatectomy. The da Vinci® system allows fine and precise dissection, with benefits over open surgery including less pain, less blood loss, shorter hospital stay and earlier return to normal activities. Nimish Shah performs this operation in patients who are suitable, and he is one of the most experienced da Vinci surgeons in the UK.